Hyvinkään Opisto is an Adult Education Centre run by the municipality. We offer inspiring, high-quality courses for the adult population in the area. We provide opportunities for free, creative and flexible life-long learning.
Anyone can attend the courses irrespective of their profession or educational background.
The curriculum is planned on a yearly basis to meet the needs of the present day and to promote equal opportunities for everyone.
We offer a wide range of courses: foreign languages, music, art, handicrafts, computer skills, physical education, health care etc. We run evening courses, day-time courses and weekend courses.
The academic year is divided into two terms, autumn term and spring term. The term dates can be found under each course in the course programme.
There will be no classes during term breaks. Autumn break is on week 42 and spring break on week 8.
You can enroll on the Internet at the address
(the internet service is open 24/7) or by phone at the following numbers: 040 155 6332, 040 155 6330 (Monday-Thursday 9-15, Friday 9-14).
When you enroll on a course, the following information is needed:
- course number (e.g. 120101 Suomen alkeet A)
- your name, address and date of birth
- Finnish social security number (if you don’t have a Finnish ID number, you need to enroll by phone or at the office)
- telephone number and e-mail address
After the course has started, an invoice will be sent to your home address. The invoice has to be paid by the due date.
Discount for unemployed job seekers and students
Unemployed job seekers are entitled to a 30 % discount on one course that costs more than 45 €. For more information about unemployment certificate please visit the local TE-toimisto.
Please note that this discount does not apply to the following courses:
- Courses with reduced course fees (Opetushallituksen tukemaa koulutusta, e.g. all Finnish courses). These courses have received special funding from the National Board of Education and therefore the course fees are lower.
- Open University studies
Students are entitled to a 20 % discount on one course that costs more than 45 €. If you enroll online, please do not pay the course via online bank. Instead, you need to visit the Hyvinkää Opisto office before the course starts to prove your student status by showing your student card.
Please note that all enrolments are binding. Below you may find our cancellation terms:
- cancellation 10 days before the course starts: free
- cancellation 1–9 days before the course starts: fee 24 €
- if you cancel your enrolment on the first course day or after the course has started, you will have to pay the full course fee
- You cannot cancel a course enrolment just by notifying the teacher.
- Failure to pay the course fee or to attend lessons does not qualify as cancellation.
- The course fee will not be refunded even if you stop attending the course.
If you want to cancel your course, always contact our office.
Hyvinkään Opisto – Hyvinkää Adult Education Centre
Kenkätehtaankatu 1, 05900 Hyvinkää
Tel: 040 155 6332, 040 155 6330 (office)
Office hours: Monday–Thursday 9.00–15.00, Friday 9.00–14.00
Welcome to study at Hyvinkää Adult Education Centre!